Volunteer Central Community Guidelines
This online community is a place where participants can:
- Connect with other volunteers around the country.
- Access and share documents, pictures, and videos about their volunteer experience.
- Create workgroups to share files and accomplish goals.
- Receive the latest volunteer updates.
- Share best practices and learn from the experiences of others.
- Volunteer Central thrives on its members and members’ participation. The more you put into your connections, the more you will get out of them.
- Stay involved, make comments, add files and pictures, start a blog, and seek new friends.
- Invite your friends and colleagues – the more Volunteer Central participants, the more knowledge shared!
- Only post information that you are comfortable with others seeing – and knowing – about you.
- Share you knowledge or lessons learned that can bring value to others. We all learn more together.
- If you don't know something, ask. Maybe we or one of the other users will know the answer.
- These guidelines are designed to help make participation for everyone a positive experience.
How you talk to others in an online community is not that different from the way you would talk in real life. But there are some things you should be mindful of in an online environment:
- You are not allowed to use offensive language, be rude, use hate speech, or harass or spam other members.
- You are not allowed to sell, solicit, advertise, or promote products or services in Volunteer Central. This is a place to engage with other members in a positive way, not sell a product or service.
- This site is only for participants and supporters of the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network. Though we appreciate your passion for funding cancer, we reserve the right to remove any postings that promote fundraising opportunities for other organizations.
- You are not allowed to upload copyrighted or illegal materials that do not belong to you.
- You are not allowed to upload a picture that you would not show your children – that means no pictures featuring nudity, sexual content, violence, weapons, etc.
- You can report an issue, flag content, or ask for action to be taken. Please note that while the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network has no obligation to delete content that you find personally objectionable or offensive, we will do our best to address any problems that may arise.
- When there is a violation of our guidelines, we may:
- Provide a warning to the offender.
- Delete some or all of the content.
- Temporarily or permanently terminate the offending member’s account.
Things to Remember
- This site is for supporters above the age of 14.
- The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network and Volunteer Central are not responsible for the content provided by users on the site, and the content provided by users is their opinion and not that of Pancreatic Cancer Action Network or Volunteer Central.
- Use common sense when reading any recommendations or advice and always consult a professional (e.g., your doctor, tax accountant, lawyer, etc.) when making any important decisions.
- Core role volunteer and staff email addresses are made available by the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network National office for websites, official program and Volunteer Central use and are not to be used by third parties.
- By subscribing, you grant permission to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (and its designees and agents) to utilize your image, likeness, actions and statements in any live or recorded audio, video, film or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction made of, or on, the platform in any medium, whether now known or hereinafter created, or context for any purpose, including educational or promotional purposes, without further authorization or compensation.
- By joining this community, you’ll be subscribed to periodic communications from Volunteer Central. You can manage your subscription or unsubscribe at any time from this community. Please be aware that unsubscribing from this community does not affect any subscription you have from the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network or its programs, such as notifications of upcoming events or monthly newsletters. However, those email communications also contain manage your subscription links.
- Our guidelines will evolve over time, and we reserve the right to modify or change these guidelines without notice.
We Welcome your Feedback & Ideas
- We want this to be the best community it can possibly be.
- Let us know what you think and how we can help improve your experience by emailing email@example.com.
- If you have a topic to discuss or a question that cannot be discussed in the community, please contact a National staff member for assistance.
Thanks for joining us!